The Mysterious Note (REPOST)

REPOST
11th Uktar

Alobron receives a mysterious note at the Crooked House Inn:

Dear Gladiator Alobron,

Of course you probably don’t remember me, but I watched you in the games the year before last and was wondering if you might be willing to participate once again. You see my charge, a licensed manager, has asked me to approach you and see if you might form a team. Of course my charge will pay the hefty entrance fee and sponsor you. We will be in town on the 18th of Uktar. We are traveling up from Amn and are trying to beat the coming storm. If this is something you might be interested in, we would like to meet with you and any other Champions you can muster at the Crooked House Inn on the evening of the 18th.

To refresh your memory I was the water girl. The one who used to work for the cruel Loris Raknian, the one who you helped. Of course you will probably not remember me, but I remember you and will forever be in your debt. As it turns out my new charge is trying to put together a team for the upcoming games and I heard of your exploits and how you saved hundreds of children from a rampaging Chimera, word spreads fast. I knew you were the one so I sang of your past exploits and convinced my charge to meet with you and see if you might consider putting a team together for the Champions’ Belt Tournament. Please consider meeting with us.

Sincerely,

Celeste

No comments: